1.
Why are my chains so cold and hard
Their chains aren’t chains at all
They’re held by ropes of love
I’m held by chains I want to be rid of
2.
Weightless and free, so this is what it’s like to be
No more chains to hold me
And I believe I am starting to see
All that I missed throughout eternity
3.
Can I go back
This life is starting to be so black
I thought the chains had gone slack
But this is an even bigger weight on my back
4.
There is nobody here who cares
And nobody here who shares
Except for maybe one
With this life I am done
5.
Now it’s easy to see
That the ones who have no fun
Are they that actually love me
Why are my chains so cold and hard
Their chains aren’t chains at all
They’re held by ropes of love
I’m held by chains I want to be rid of
2.
Weightless and free, so this is what it’s like to be
No more chains to hold me
And I believe I am starting to see
All that I missed throughout eternity
3.
Can I go back
This life is starting to be so black
I thought the chains had gone slack
But this is an even bigger weight on my back
4.
There is nobody here who cares
And nobody here who shares
Except for maybe one
With this life I am done
5.
Now it’s easy to see
That the ones who have no fun
Are they that actually love me
I like how you compared the chains with ropes.
ReplyDeleteI liked the change in tone and realization that people care and that you can be free of your chains. You're seriously a super good writer. Love youuuu
ReplyDeleteI feel like I'm going to butcher the meaning of this completely but I'm just going to say what I thought. First of all, judos to you for writing something so elaborate yet simple! I feel this way every flipping day, I feel weighed down by chains that I sometimes put upon myself. This puts what I think a lot of people feel into perspective! Amazing work!
ReplyDeleteThis was really amazing, and i loved how it could connect to almost any thing or anyone
ReplyDeleteI like how you go back and forth with what you have is something you don't want, and what you want is something you don't have, but when you get what you wanted, then you second guess it and say it's more then you can handle. It seemed to compare to life, we always want what we can't have, but once we have it, it's too much. Nicely done!!
ReplyDeleteI liked how you explained the chains. and the different things they were doing. and the transition was cool. when the chains were loosened you noticed an even bigger burden, something that doesn't usually happen. cool stuff man.
ReplyDeleteThat ending is very powerful. Good job!
ReplyDeleteI really like this; the truth behind it. That having people to love and who love you can be chains around your heart, yet were you to remove them, you'd find yourself more imprisoned than before. My parents are divorced, so I'm familiar with feeling torn apart over relationships yet being unwilling to let any of them go.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you used words that meant something other than you meant but I still got the idea of it because your using metaphors to feel and I really liked that.
ReplyDeleteThe words you used are very meaningful and create a wonderful picture. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI really felt for this, it was written really great! good job
ReplyDelete