Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I am a Nike box 
made by people down low for people up high.
first looked upon with glory,
but once cleaned out I'm thrown away, unimportant.

Nobody cares about me only what I hold
They use me, then abuse me 
I am crushed up and torn apart
only to be recycled into hundreds of new boxes
On occasion I get placed into the hands of a simple child
used as a doll house or as a spaceship,
but always in time I am thrown away.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the way you described the Nike box. I felt I could really relate and I loved the imagery. I could really imagine how this Nike box goes around. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this could compare to how some people feel. They are used for what they have instead of people liking them for who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you took a Nike box-- something I have never spent more than 2 seconds thinking about-- and made me think about it. I'm feeling really bad for all the shoe boxes I've thrown away now! Such a great metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. in most writing, you usually don't get to hear from this prospective. this little poem packs a punch in only a couple of lines. its fantastic. I'd read something like this on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took something so plain but made it so easy to relate to. Fantastic and brilliant actually.

    ReplyDelete